Decision Day
Decision Day
At first, the layout of premiere pro looks complicated and challenging. However, when I observed the tutorials in class, I realized it is not as difficult as it looks. I thought of the question of why Premiere Pro was created in the first place. I don’t believe it was only to make more of a profit and compete with other video software, but to help people premiere their ideas and stories with a program that is unique. “Stories have power, and the stories we tell today do just as much to try to explain our world as did the myths of so long ago.” According to that statement in the article Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom, I feel that there have been many ways over the past few decades that technology has changed in order to help us portray and tell stories--I believe as time has gone by, it has become easier to portray them.
With that, I decided that I am going to make a magazine instead of a film. This is because it will be an easier project for me based on my strengths and current skills, which involve knowledge on where to place things visually in order to get a certain effect. Also, based on my friends and their past experiences with Media Studies, film did not work out well because people in the film were limited as well as the setting. Even though that should not stop me from doing film, I believe I will enjoy doing the magazine more. Moving on, in Indesign, I believe this software will help me with delivering my final magazine. Based on the tutorials I've watched for Indesign, I realized that you can create any type of mood for the magazine you want to create with freedom to import pictures, create shapes to put font in, and use any color you’d like. Also, when it comes to the article Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines, editor Lee Gutkind states, “We also try to tackle themes that aren't often considered to be particularly literary, for example with some of our medical- or science-related themes.” This makes me realize that as technology is improving, so are ideas to be implemented into it. It also helped me to realize that things today are more open to being unconventional, and it is a great deal. With Premiere Pro and Indesign, they are simple yet unique software that will support people with brilliant ideas. With that, Indesign will surely help me create a visualization for the magazine I will end up illustrating.
Comments
Post a Comment